A lot of really no good, very bad, super rotten things have happened in my life this summer, thus the reason I haven't touched this blog in nearly two months. Maybe I'll catch you all up on that in another post, maybe not. Suffice it to say this summer has literally just been the worst, and I don't even know where to start regarding half of it right now.
In the meantime, here's a list of some not so awful things that have been going on lately and a few changes I'm making after going through a bit of a quarter life crisis in the past eight weeks. I'm really trying to change my outlook on life and be a more positive person, so here it goes:
- It's been a week since my last cigarette #winning
- I've successfully downed at least 3 liters of water per day for the past two weeks. If you knew me and my Mtn. Dew addiction in real life, you'd fully understand how monumental this is #evenmorewinning
- I got a raise at work #allthewinning
- I got a new car and her name is Enid Coleslaw. She's a Prius so I guess I'm officially a hippie. Or something.
- Zack had his first gallery showing the night these photos were taken, and I'm so ridiculously proud of him it's unreal. Prepare to be spammed incessantly with his art in the coming weeks as I help him get his website going. If you like gross, creepy things (which I assume you do if you're following me), you're going to love it.
- I just signed up for an American Sign Language class at school next semester, which has been a dream of mine for years.
- My twinster Courtney is coming to visit in two weeks and I get her all to myself for 8 entire days! It's been over a year since I last saw her and nearly three since we made this video together. We have tons of rad adventures planned for her first trip to Denver and knowing she's coming has literally been the only thing keeping me sane all summer.
- I finally got the memorial tattoo I've been planning for 5 years in memory of my Nana. It deserves a post of it's own but as you may notice in these pictures, my left arm is a little less naked ;)
- Meg, Zack and I have all been making effort to get healthier and be more active (they're both a week smoke free too!). We've started going on weekend hikes together and I've been eating clean, practicing yoga and getting back into a bit of running as well. I feel so much more energetic and alive and wonderful and yeah. Good stuff.
I hope all of you have been doing well while I've been away. A few of you have really kept up and in touch with me through social media and just know that I truly appreciate it. It's been a rough go but I'm determined to turn shit around and make the best out of the rest of this year. Thank you for your kindness and support.